9.14.2010

The Kitchen Sink

Right now my apartment looks like a cross between a retirement home and a new-age health center. I'm taking prescription pills, multivitamins, over-the-counter drugs, and supplements. I'm also rocking the ice packs and PT bands. Give me another week and it'll probably smell like Ben-Gay up in here, too. On the new age side, I've got my yoga mat and a back buddy. I'm trying everything I can think of to better this nagging shoulder. In short, I'm throwing the kitchen sink at the wanker:


A typical day involves:

-Vitamins and supplements in the morning, plus ibuprofen 2x a day. Yoga if I can fit it in.
-Pt bands and light weight lifting in the afternoon to strengthen the shoulder and keep it flexible.
-Ice for reducing swelling and the back buddy for massaging to increase bloodflow (which helps healing)
-Then the most fun: Flexiril (muscle relaxers) which I'm finally taking 2 months after I got the prescription. So far, after just a few nights, it seems to be making a difference.

I'll keep posting on how things go...


ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment